Consumer Law

Additional information can be found on the Federal Trade Commission's website and at

Michigan Department of Insurance and Financial Services regulates banks, credit unions, insurance companies, insurance agents, insurance agencies, mortgage licensees, and consumer finance-related entities. Their website has educational materials and locations for filing complaints against Banks and Insurance companies. has additional information on consumer protection

Each of the 12 tribes in Michigan have their own sets of law and procedures. 

Contact MILS

If you have a case in tribal court, please call MILS at 231-947-0122. 

Other Sources of Help

We would appreciate your feedback.